This post will be updated weekly with brief thoughts, notes and pictures from the lectures, workshops and seminars for the live TV project.
Week 1 – 06/03/17
- 10 minute magazine show
- ‘as-live’ (no editing)
- Must include: A VT, studio interview, demonstration item (how-to), performance, international item, interactive item (social media), a ‘clip’ item.
- Possible themes: spontaneity, weird and wonderful, risky business, fantasy.
- Task: watch The One Show.
Week 2 – 13/03/17
Group decided on theme weird and wonderful, focusing on nerd/geek culture.
- Compare and contrast 2 magazine studio programmes, NOT The One Show. Look at the following – The Presenters, The Look, The Content.
Week 3 – 20/03/17
- Studio direction and visual storytelling – what shots are used, how they are cut, camera movement and WHY.
Week 4 – 27/03/17
- Controversial and difficult situations.
- Channel 4 remit vs BBC One remit.
- Good practice – tone, time-slot and integrity. Taste and decency.
- Honesty, accuracy, integrity, fair dealing.
- Copyright and consent.
- Parody/caricature/pastiche – must be funny!
Week 5 – 03/04/17
- Website and social media tie-ins.
Week 6 – 01/05/17
- Two weeks to LIVE!
- All VTs need to be finished.
- Meeting to split funds for SPFX makeup (demo item).
- Set design needs to be decided.
Week 7 – 08/05/17
- Final rehearsals!
- Set-up time needs to be improved.
- Guest came in so interview was practiced – needs tightening up, cue cards.
- 30 second news bulletin – better communication between gallery and presenters for countdown.
- Group needs to stay focused at all times.